Durham Criminal Defense Lawyers
Could we use the scales of justice photo here? Or perhaps someone in handcuffs?
NicholsonPham provides criminal defense representation to clients in Durham and Orange counties charged with misdemeanors, felonies, assaults, larceny, underage consumption, drug and alcohol charges, speeding tickets, DWI, driving while license revoked and domestic violence. We also help people seeking expungements.
North Carolina’s criminal courts are a confusing and often intimidating place to find yourself. When you are facing criminal charges you are probably under a lot of stress. Navigating the court system alone is a daunting task. If you are charged with a crime in Durham or Orange County, you need the leadership of an experienced criminal defense lawyer who understands the criminal court process. The criminal defense lawyers at NicholsonPham are dedicated, experienced and efficient in protecting your rights before the North Carolina criminal courts. We offer free initial consultations to criminal defendants out on pretrial release, and we let you choose the most convenient time to meet with us.
When you come to our offices, please bring any paperwork you have about the alleged crime. If you were arrested, you will have a criminal warrant as well as a “conditions of release” form. In addition, if there were witnesses, please bring their names and phone numbers. In our offices, we will go through the facts of the case with you.
Once you’ve spoken with us, you will understand:
- The type of crime you are charged with and the type of sentence you could get if convicted.
- The types of defense for that crime and whether those defenses apply in your particular case.
- The types of evidence that might be used against you and in your favor.
- How the local criminal courtrooms work, the timing and the different procedures you should expect.
- How we can fight for your rights, and what we hope to achieve in your case.