Health Care Powers of Attorney

A Health Care Power of Attorney allows you to designate who will make decisions about your health care needs when you are unable to make those decisions for yourself.

General Powers of Attorney

A General Power of Attorney gives your spouse, adult children or another trusted person authority to handle your finances, property and/or other legal matters for a period of time or for a purpose designated by you or when you are incapacitated. You may consider signing a power of attorney if you are no longer able to manage your affairs, or if you will be unavailable for a period of time due to imprisonment, deportation, deployed or traveling outside the country.

Consent to Healthcare for a Minor Child

If you need to leave your minor child with someone who is not a legal parent or who doesn’t have a custody order, you may consider signing a Consent that will allow them to seek healthcare for your child while you’re away.

Call: (919) 883-4900

Won’t my spouse be my healthcare power of attorney automatically?

Your spouse will be your next of kin and will be able to make healthcare decisions for you if you cannot make them for yourself. It’s a good idea to have designated another person just in case both of you are injured in an accident or both parties are incapacitated at the same time.